Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 2

"A" is for (homemade) applesauce.


Cael is child #4 and will likely always wear hand-me-downs, never have a baby book, always be forced to sleep on the bottom bunk, and likely "never get to do anything fun 'cause (fill in sibling's name here) got into trouble doing it..." So, preemptively, I am doing something incredibly over the top (not really) for him. I am making all of his baby food (except cereal). My hope is that when he's boo-hooing that one of his siblings got to _________ (fill in the blank), I can lovingly scoop him onto my lap and tell him that I pureed his peas, mashed his bananas, and made him homemade applesauce. He will walk away aglow in the obvious special attention and all will be right in the world. Right?

3 comments:

Amy said...

HAHA!!! Hats off to you! I tried making baby food for my son, but that only lasted about a week! ;-D

Amy

Chris said...

I wish I could go back and make my own baby food for my kids. Good for you!

Lisa in Jax said...

I made pear sauce today! I'm hoping it'll make up for Sophia being number 5.LOL